Northstar Restoration Services is your source for residential and commercial restoration
We offer Priority Response Emergency Plan (PREP) program for commercial properties. Call us for details!
Disasters, whether man-made or natural, could be very devastating financially and psychologically when you are unprepared. While we can’t always foresee events before they happen, we can very well prepare for them.
This is why we have insurance and restoration companies. But having these two may not get you what you deserve if you can’t identify and put a value on your property. This is why it is important to create a home inventory for the ‘rainy’ day.
You can start by:
1. Choosing the easiest spot. A contained space like a bedroom, study, or library is a very good place to start.
2. Making a list of recent purchases, especially expensive ones.
3. Listing the basic information about important items. Remember to:
4. Listing by category. If you are making an inventory for your home, it may be better to write down items by category. “12 pairs of shoes”, “2 wristwatches”, etc.
5. Noting serial numbers. Usually electronics like TVs and refrigerators will have serial numbers that can be used to get the exact model of the appliance you have in the event of damage.
6. Double-checking if you have coverage for items like jewelry, art, and collectibles. It is very helpful to know what kind of coverage you have for these items and how to keep them safe in the event of a disaster.
7. Keeping proof of the value of your inventory. These are best stored in waterproof folders and if possible, in fireproof safes. Be sure to include:
8. Doing it one step at a time. It would be difficult to start your inventory and finish on the same day. It may be best to do a room each day
9. Leveraging technology. It is often easier to create a photo or video record of your belongings. Take photos of the item and it’s receipts, make and model, and whatever information is necessary in getting reimbursement for them and label the photos.
There are also many mobile apps out there to help you do this. Always ensure that you backup all of your recordings and photos online so you can have access to them wherever and whenever you want. You may never know when you will need them.
10. Updating inventory from time to time. Fortune favors the prepared. If you make it a habit of updating this inventory, then you are putting yourself in a good position in the event of a disaster.
Usually, a restoration company will be sent in after a disaster by your insurance company to evaluate the work and equipment needed to return your home or office to its previous state. This inventory that you have created can be very helpful for the company reps to know what needs to be restored and where, saving a great deal of cost and negotiation headaches.
If you've suffered a storm or extensive water damage to your property you need to enlist the help of an expert to get your property back to their...View Services
The emotional impact of a fire can be devastating. Let us make the cleanup process as stress free as possible. Turn to our team and...View Services
We'll do everything possible to get your property back to normal just as quickly as possible. Our team has the experience to handle all kinds...View Services
NorthStar Restoration has been a preferred hoarder and trauma cleaning provider for Central Wisconsin for over ten years...View Services
One of the biggest post-flood dangers to the health of a property and its inhabitants is mold. A flood in a home or commercial property grants mold ideal conditions in which to thrive. Call us to return your...View Services
We specialize in bringing carpet & upholstery, tile & grout back to life. No matter the size of your home or business, we can have them looking, feeling, and smelling their best.View Services
Air duct cleaning services reduce allergens and bacteria in the air resulting in improved air quality, increased air flow, and ensure your heating and cooling system...View Services
Once the fires put out, the waters removed and/or the mold is cleared away, your home is left with a need for some TLC. Trust our team to get your home back to its...View Services